GPS came in. Took a bit to get it working. I originally plugged it into the laptop and all the LEDs started flashing.
I got the Bluetooth to bind to the phone, but the GPS was having a hard time locking into signals. I tried updating the firmware through the Windows app, and that didn’t help.
You have to run a Helper app in Android. I tried two different ones. Finally I lucked into seeing that the company that built the GPS unit had an Android app. It only had 2.5 stars, but the most recent reviews all said the latest update was working great.
I installed it and rebooted the GPS. It came up and said there was a firmware update for the device. I let the phone push the firmware update and after the next reboot, it found satellites immediately even though I was sitting in the middle of my house.
I let it charge all the way. I’ve turned it on a few times and it found satellites every time. I’m not sure if it was the firmware that fixed it or if plugging it into the laptop that first time put it into some weird hung state.
I haven’t had a chance to drive with it yet. I’ll try to do that tonight or tomorrow. The fact that it is showing a true 0mph when I’m sitting still leads me to think it will do quite well. The phone bounces from 0 to 8mph even when I’m sitting still.