Btt tft3.5-e3 v3.0

I was able to send M119 in the terminal and see a response. I guess I thought you were talking about the endstops on the skr having trouble and not the interface to the screen. I can try that again. It does send an M105 every few seconds, which shows up in the console, but it isn’t unusable. I bet I can look into making an endstop screen to make the endstops prettier, but I have much to learn before I can do that.

m119 is completely wacko for me. I can hold an endstop and get the screen to show me either value.

1 Like

It will kinda make it freeze, then run it again and it will be perfect. I just assumed it was some sort of timing interrupt thing.

1 Like

I am perfectly comfortable pushing the keys on the edits. But it does really help to see what kind of edits people have made, and what kind of features they think will help. When we get some releases out, I will be more worried about breaking stuff. Having people who have edited the code do some testing is super valuable.

1 Like

Are you that is the screen? Does it do that with repetier host?

I guess I need to break down and wire up microswitches. I need to finish the skr testing we were doing the other day too.

Repetier has never tripped up like that, at least I have never seen it. The terminal screen will stop after one line or so, back out, run it again and the screen shows the right values. Odd for sure.
I am just worried because that is probably the most common thing the terminal will be used for and it does not inspire confidence.

I will be glad to help where I can. One note that may help you that I found, I kept erroring out on the compile when I tried to add new labels. I believe it expects you to include that new label in every language version. I finally deleted all of the language files other than English to add new labels(didn’t want to have to learn new languages :grin:). If you find another way to do it, let me know, butr that is working for me.

Nope. That is such a pain, I have just added it to every file. Luckily, I am pretty fast with a text editor and I assumed all the languages were the same. I am guessing there would be an easy way to just do what I’m doing, to add it to the bottom with a script. I have only gone through all the files twice, so far it wouldn’t have paid off.

1 Like

One other note on a quirk in the codebase. When I am running a gfile in inch mode and need to cancel the job, my router tries to go through the roof of my enclosure. It is because there are a bunch of hardcoded Z10 moves in the firmware meant to be 10 mm moves, but cause 10 inch moves on my system because it is still in inch mode when that code executes. I have been changing them to Z1(move 1 mm up or 1 inch up, much better for me) but have still missed one somewhere as it did it to me again today.

1 Like

My main modification to the screens was to eliminate the Home menu, modify the Move menu and rename it to Setup. In the setup menu I have single X,Y, and Z buttons which only select an axis, but cause no movement. The millimeter increment button remains unmodified. I then rotate the knob to cause movement. That gave me screen space to add an XY home command(mustStoreCmd(“G28XY\n”); and a Zero button(mustStoreCmd(“G92X0Y0Z0\nG60\nG0Z5”);). I found that the G60 saves the coordinates through motor release and homing operations. This allows me to perform a tool change, then issue a mustStoreCmd(“G61XY\n”) with the next button and it will return to the original start position. I then press the Zero button again and run the next gcode file. I have a screen shot of the setup screen in my build log. I can’t find the photo or I would post it again here. I wanted to get the gCode button on this screen as well but ran out of screen real estate so I bumped the gcode screen up to the main menu as I use it a lot.

Hope this makes sense and works very well for me. Thought you might like a look at how I operate. The next thing I am going to work on is the printing.c file. I think I go through 3 or 4 back buttons to return to the main menu after a run. I would like for it to revert to main menu on completion of a job, or at the very least just go back through a single screen to get there.

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet or tried it, but it looks really neat.

1 Like

Okay the loki build homing works, reset each seems to work. The defualt baudrate is not 250000 though.

Scratch that it is set to 250000…I just loaded a screen and it defaulted to 112500, I will keep an eye on this.

It should pick up the baudrate from the config.ini file. I have about a half hour now. I will poke at the terminal real quick. Maybe I can disable the M105 while in the gcode screen.

Oh my. I hope they reused the prusa thumbnail format and just called it btt. I have been using the prusa format with an octoprint plugin and it has been working great.

OK. I am still not toggling the pins with a micro switch, but I am looking at the results of the M119. What I’m seeing is the first time, it shows up fine, with no interference from M105 (that must have been a different version I was thinking of). The second time it seems to still have the first, and then only half of the second one.

I think it has some kind of logic to not scroll when it overflows the screen. But to also not clear unless it does over flow the screen. Let me see if I can find the culprit.

@vicious1, I pushed a change to clear the terminal whenever we send a new command. Seems like a good fix to me. I am going to go grab some wires and start triggering these endstops so I can see that it’s working. I am testing with the skr board now. It was really a one line change, but I had to move some stuff because they created the variables in a funny way.

1 Like

I tested with the jumpers are first.

I see what you describe for sure. There seems to be more to it though, almost random, but maybe you caught it. let me head upstairs to try out your change. I appreciate you looking that is certainly not something I could easily find.

jumpers Jeanious!

1 Like

I pushed another change that would stop it from sending M105 when it was in the terminal. This seems pretty bullet proof to me, at least for M119. I don’t have the TMCs connected or powered, I’m running the whole thing from USB. Maybe there is something else coming in that is causing the problem?

Boom!!! fixed as far as I can tell. Awesome sauce.

1 Like