Burly (!) finished

Well, yes, Burly (Rambo 1.4), an old project that I had to put on pause.
Not finished yet if I take into account the globality of the project (tilting frame on mobile chassis, space saving) but at least it works, I’m quite satisfied with the look and I think I’m starting to master the basics enough to go further.
Drawing and stickers ok.

My tests/errors made the structure suffer, several cracked parts have to be replaced and as Primo is the new model, I plan to redo everything.
At this stage, thinking about it and considering this 4080 aluminum profile frame, I wonder if I should go for Low Rider instead?
I don’t see at this stage what would be the disadvantages of switching from CNC to LowRider, in terms of features/operation, any advice are welcome.

7 Likes

From my perspective, my Primo is a more capable machine than my LR2. It is more repeatable, and faster. Well, let’s say faster. I pushed the LR2 until it was out of its zone…

The LR2 is bigger. My Primo is 25" by 37" working area, and at that size, some of the weaknesses start to become evident. I would not readily recommend this design for larger than this. My LR2 was built 38" by 64" and could have handled 49" by 97" if I built the table for it.

Thanks Dan
My Burly Bed is a bit smaller, 20"x36"
the dimension will be the first problem since it appears that, with the same tube length, Primo has a narrower footbase. As the support frame can’t be resized, I will have to change the length of the tubes ( I don’t really want to) or modify the supports

2 Likes

Good looking rig!

1 Like