Burly Revisions

Or, you could have a friend change your slicer profile and not tell you what they changed. :smiley:

I printed the mpcnc and low rider on my anet a8. They came out decent enough. Course it has been modified though. So name wise I was thinking like “MPCNC HEAVY”. Anyway just a thought.

For the record, I haven’t ever used one and as with most inexpensive printers, it’s quality is probably proportional to the users expertise and effort. I just thought the joke worked well with an anet in there :slight_smile:

My first printer is a wanhao duplicator i3 (the original preorder). It has served me well, despite it’s shortcomings. I’ve added more parts than it came with though.

1 Like

Definitely, I knew it was a low cost/quality printer when I bought it. It has been a great learning experience. And now after tweaking it since I got it I can get decent prints from it.

It’s been more than 12 hours. Are you finished with the updated MPCNC?

How about MPCNC V2?

1 Like

This is all the detail. From the front it looks the same. So Burly’s best feature is it’s…Backside.

[attachment file=“IMG_20181012_080801~2.jpg”]

I just finished printing a new center/gantry (i’ve been too rough with my previous one :slight_smile: So I guess better wait for the new one.

On top of the MPCNC HEAVY suggestion I would go with the MPCNC Falcon Heavy, just to tease Elon Musk. Either he will like it or he will sue you for it or maybe a bit of both lol!

2 Likes

Hey, My Anet a8 is fantastic!

[attachment file=71892]

fingers.gif

HAHAHAHHAHAHQA. So close. I just finished with the wires on my test bench, headed to get a Dr. Pepper (don’t judge me I earned it) and put on the leadscrew, Done. CAD checks out on 2-3 versions (#3 is no issues), done. CAD assembly, done. Most of the STL’s…Done.

So orient the STL’s, and beat this thing up a little bit is all that is left. Then the pictures and instructions are not that different so they can wait a bit.

I can say…I am happy so far. It took me way too many prints but so far so good, worth the effort.

Looks almost the same from this side.

[attachment file=71902]

6 Likes

[attachment file=72037]
Just getting ready. Almost there.

2 Likes

That looks sharp!

Do I need to buy a new t-shirt to match?

I wear my shirts all the time, you can never have too many. :wink:

So, I think I have everything ready. I have a typical busy Monday to get through first. I think I will release parts today or tomorrow evening. Poor business choice for me as I am out of stock on Rambo boards again and only have one full set of each new plastic parts on hand but my poor planning shouldn’t effect those of you waiting for some cool stuff to print! I really am waiting to have a bit of a clear spot to answer the inevitable questions surge and try to update all the docs. So release parts, edit docs and take pics while I cut LowRider parts…that will be a super productive day.

Here is a little “vid”, made my computer work all night on it.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to get my hands on the files! I just finished my first build but quickly realized I made some mistakes (scaling ABS prints) and needed to reprint the middle assembly. That’s when I started to see you hinting at a new design…good timing I guess.

I’ll be printing the “Burly” parts as soon as they’re released. The changes look great!

1 Like

That’s looking pretty slick.

I guess at some point I’ll have to finally upgrade to the T8…

It really is worth it. I fought it for too long.

Awesome! I have 4 brand new reels of filament waiting to get my hands on those files.

Are you planning on updating anything else on the Burly or are we good for a while. :slight_smile:

My wife asked me the other day how many of these thing I’m going to have? She says eventually the garage will be so full you can’t walk around… I don’t see any problems with having a MPCNC, LowRider v2, MP3PD, and my Eustathios Spider V2 3D printer. At least I have my Printrbot at work. :slight_smile:

[attachment file=“72136”]

stlcrack.jpg

You can’t do this to me Ryan, I haven’t finished mine yet.