Cable Chain Holder

I am building my first MPCNC and have searched the forum and of course STL sources for a method to secure the cable chains on the machine.
As I didn’t found my solution, I CAD’ed my desired functionality for 25mm V2A Tubings.

If this does not fit in here, feel free to delete it :slight_smile:
If not, I will post updates on this topic as the machine grows.

Cheers
Uwe

12 Likes

Nope, that’s freaking cool!

1 Like

That’s a clever solution.

Source? Also, great thinking!

Ah, well there is no source actually.
I had the white Aluminium profile in the shed for 10 years or so.
They’re comming from an old mosquito protection frame of a window.
But if I am in need of such stuff, I visit the nearby metal scrapyard and pay little money for such stuff.

And thanx for your kind replies!

I think he was asking for the cad file for the holder. Brilliant idea by the way

Oops, I missed that.
I did it by my own in Turbo Cad.
If interested I can upload the part into GITHUB or send it via pm.

Here’s the link to the file

3 Likes

Talking of cable chain fittings, here’s a small bracket I made that bolts to the roller plate, using the existing bolt. It provides a horizontal surface to attach the top end of a tape-measure cable chain, with notches for cable-ties.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/25ca678b3e0bcb1cd06c4559/w/d22c46365782766d68f1b377/e/31b43dcd5feaea03bebb3114

I was sure someone else must have done this already, but I couldn’t find any!

1 Like

This is an awesome solution. could someone with CAD skills make it for 25.4mm (1" OD) with thinner walls :slight_smile: …If not, I will wait till I develop my own cad skillz

Hi there, I can adapt the things for you in a minute.
Not tonight, but can do that tomorrow.
I have updated files, because I found out that X and Y dirctions need different parts.
I make a photo of the now finished stuff and upload it.
Then we can see what needs to be updated.

Cheers
Uwe

You can see here that two different heights must be used to get the cables out of the chains in the same height.

Furthermore it is necessary to have the correct distance, to keep the minimum diameter of the cablechain.

So I have understood, that your inner diameter of the tube is 25.4mm.

Cheers
Uwe

1 Like