Calibrateing/Homing & Z Knobs

I am getting there. I finally got the left Z axis to respond without binding, but here is the odd thing. It will NOT lift off the bottom stops, meaning if I pul Y back to the belt anchors, move X to the far left, and drop both Zs to the bottom, the left side WILL NOT lift. But if I give it the slightest hand tension upward it lifts and once it gets 30mm off the stops it works fine.

I have taken these dang tubes out a dozen times and changed tension, and rotated them and done everything I can think of. What puzzles me is that if the problem was the Z tubes being misaligned one would think the problem would be LESS at the closest point to the mounts.

I welcome all thoughts and input.

More, the most rigid and less flexible is closest to the bearings and where it is screwed together. Do you have the spacers in there, in between the X and Z rails?

Maybe a picture or two of the build will help spot something obvious.

Here are the pictures. Even though the right side Z axis is functioning well, with the exception of the front being about 1.2mm higher than the back, the lead screw is at an odd angle.

Anyway, here are some photos. Tell me what you think.

A couple more…

Anyway, here are some photos. Tell me what you think.

They should be sitting very comfortably on both rollers. I see a problem with your shorter XZ blocks, they are upside down, there is a hard stop in them so the tubes can not poke through. You have them upside down so the hard stop is angling the Z rail in.

1 Like

I don’t really understand what you are saying, but I will go look. Which picture is that on?

8-XZ, Your’s are upside down, or at least your tubes should not stick out of the top, there is a feature inside the part.

Found it. That fixed the problem. YOU ROCK!

Now, I am going to do a test cut then wrap wires and print drag chain links.