Can not connect to Repetier host

Using a mini rambo from V1. If i try auto connecting, it freezes. Looking at the computer, its on com 5 so i switch to that and mess with the baud rate. No matter what i do, it says…“no start signal detected, forcing start”. I can move the mpcnc with graphic smart controller. Just no connection with the computer. Thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you able to connect using Arduino IDE or CNCjs?

Or is another application (still) connected to Com5, preventing Repetier from getting connected? Did Repetier Server install and grab the port?

So I just connected it to octopi and I am getting the printer to respond. So it must be something with the computer I am running it on. Having the port occupied or something. I guess i will keep moving forward with controlling it via the pi. Thanks for your help guys.

2 Likes

Repetier server tries to install itself with RH and even if you aren’t running it, it grabs the port. But maybe it is something else too. Windows 7 machines need a driver too.

But glad it is working with the pi.

Echoing Jeffeb3: I read several times to not install Repetier Server, and swear blind I never clicked on it, but damn it if it didn’t install somehow. It was running in the background. Once I uninstalled it, problem (port busy) solved.

Repetier-server installs by default…you have to un-check that option. :angry:

2 Likes

genuine answer … have you tried unplugging it and the board and then plugging everything back in. sometimes that hs solved my stalled repetier response. …