Can not upload the Firmware

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: “RAMBo”

C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\ccHGjwdB.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `main’:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:43: undefined reference to `setup’

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:46: undefined reference to `loop’

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Have you tried platform.io? That worked for me when the Arduino IDE did not. Instructions are on the firmware page.

That error message means it’s not finding the files. Something is wrong and it isn’t opening the files in the right place.

1 Like

Any idea how to solve that problem?

Start with a fresh copy of the firmware, unzip it, and open it again. Something has to be really wrong for it to show that error.

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: “RAMBo”

avr-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Mehrere Bibliotheken wurden für “U8glib.h” gefunden

Benutzt: C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\libraries\U8glib

Nicht benutzt: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.1\libraries\U8glib

exit status 1

Fehler beim Kompilieren für das Board RAMBo.

avr-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Mehrere Bibliotheken wurden für “U8glib.h” gefunden

Benutzt: C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\libraries\U8glib

Nicht benutzt: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.1\libraries\U8glib

exit status 1

This is the problem with the latest versions of marlin, arduino, and windows.

Which firmware are you trying to build?

I just tried to upload ryans v1-cnc firmware for Rambo after I have made a bad decision of just uploading Marlin without configuring it.

Afterwards I want to edit the firmware to make an extruder work

Ok.

Start with this:

Download the asset for V1CNC_Rambo. That has some extra files removed so it will build in windows in arduino.

I have edited the firmware of Marlin_1CNC_Rambo so that the extruder works on the lowrider as well but I dont like the result of stl files and slicers since the paste I am extruding makes lines inbetween the paths because the z position does not change.
Is it possible to use cnc files and configure the firmware in order to extrude a constant amount per second when z is lowered?

Shall I ask again in a new thread?

Are you printing with traditional plastic? What are you doing? I’m just interested.

I think you are talking about retraction settings. Things like the amount of filament (the extrustion) to retract, along with the amount to lift the Z (the z hop). These are what the settings are called in prusa slicer.

I am printing Oil colour and want to do more 2 dimensional pieces.
Thats why I build the lowrider (big printing area)
It would be awesome to change the firmware somehow that I have the benefits of cnc because lifting the zt axis inbetween paths and yet make the extruder extrude the oil colour

Thats with a pen but I want to make it with oil colour

Wow. I suspected it was something cool, because of your choice of words. That is really neat.

I don’t know what the mechanics of your oil color extruder are. But I suspect the motor on the extruder works like a sloppy extruder.

If you increase the retraction distance, it will suck back up more of the oil, reducing the pressure before a move. You can then add a big Z hop, so it will pick up the Z before moving and then come back down and undo the retraction before drawing again.

I dont know how you are creating the file though. Do you make those with stls and a slicer?

#if ENABLED(LEVEL_BED_CORNERS)
#define LEVEL_CORNERS_INSET_LFRB { 30, 30, 30, 30 } // (mm) Left, Front, Right, Back insets
#define LEVEL_CORNERS_HEIGHT 0.0 // (mm) Z height of nozzle at leveling points
#define LEVEL_CORNERS_Z_HOP 4.0 // (mm) Z height of nozzle between leveling points
//#define LEVEL_CENTER_TOO // Move to the center after the last corner
#endif

Shall I change this?

I figuered out that I can override the extrusionspeed with M92
and override prevent cold extrusion with M302 P1
which wa<s very helpfull

I am using Repetier and CuraEngine

You will probably get better options if you use cura as the standalone app.

1 Like

I will try that tomorrow. Your new firmware works on Windows 10. Hopefully the controle panel works again : )
I do not have dual endstops
Do you have an idea how to solve the problem that the z axis collapses when connecting it to a slicer program?
I am putting buckets below every time but sometimes Iforget and than I have to callibrate the Z axis : /