Can't get Center Assembly Square XY direction

There is no inch to mm conversion happening here…

To test your z movement you measure where your nozzle is now, then make it go 100mm… measure that it should be 100mm from where you started, if not then you’re settings are off.

My xy is off slightly (1/8" over 24") when the xy is at rest (motors off). The frame is square though. I created a spacer that I use (4 of them, 2 for x and 2 for y) to square the xy before I print, or more precisely, just before I engage the motors. Once the motors are engaged all is good.

This one is for 25.4mm tubing, so “J” build.

Can’t post the stl but this is what it looks like.

I haven’t had time to check the software on my 3D printer, but I have found a workaround.

Just like this post: https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/can-these-be-adjusted/

I was able to fix it with a heat gun, and some string.

I tied the center assembly in place, and overstretched it a bit in the opposite direction.
Without it being mounted in the rollers.
Then I heated the area of the four corner bolts, and the long central bolt. (5-7min in total, carefully)

Let it cool down,… and voila

1. I printed PLA parts scaled up by a factor of 1.016 on my printer - fit rails, bolts, motors perfectly. Try some scaled test prints - measure your part, scale accordingly. Worked better for me than trying to adjust in the printer.
  2. The parts should fit well with no adjustment (I’m using the “J” design, 25.4mm galvanised tube from Bunnings, mostly metric hardware). The bolts self-tap into the plastic and fit perfectly.
  3. The only parts that are a little off are the nut trap (too big for my thicker-walled tubes) and the pineapple coupler (a bit too tight on the stepper shaft).
  4. The “squeezing” bolts probably need an unthreaded section to work as designed - I wasn’t aware of how they are meant to work until reading this thread! Completely threaded bolts don’t allow adjustment.

what do you mean by “self-tap?” your bolts should slide through the holes without needing to be turned. perhaps you need to scale up a bit more?

Interesting… Everything else fits perfectly and measurements are spot on; they fit so well I assumed they were meant to thread through. Maybe it is sized correctly only for English measurements - 5/16" is 7.9375mm, not 8mm. The specs allow for both, so I just used standard hardware, not imperial.