Well i guess it time to post some pictures of my MP3DP.
Here are some details.
- Frame is 1/4 inch MDF milled on my MPCNC, spray painted with chrome and clear coat.
- All printed part are PLA printed on my ANYCUBIC I3 Mega.
- Base is 1/2" MDF using Jeffeb3's deisgn(https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2031585).
- E3D Titan Aero Layer fan shroud (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2240359) printed in PETG with 50mm centrifugal fan.
- Y-axis Aluminum Upgrade Plate - 220mm x 220mm (https://spool3d.ca/y-axis-aluminum-upgrade-plate-220mm-x-220mm/). I needed to print these to mount it (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1404357) and modified the y-plate MP3DP bracket accordingly.
- Aero mount by Mmmfishtacos (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2379045)
- Ramps enclosure (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:761806).
- MOSFET encloser (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2221242)
- Prusa i3 Adjustable Spool Holder (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2362427) with mods in order to fit the MP3DP frame.
- Ryan control enclosure.
- In order to avoid using 1/2" on the front and back of the frame I've chosen to you a printed 90 degree bracket which is probably over kill but it seems sturdy now.
- Finishing the base. I was going to paint it, but I think I'm going to print a thin perimeter cover to glue on (see attached pic). The first print worked well but I did not extend it to the mdf printer frame. I did another modification and printed one where it covers the entire perimeter up the MP3DP frame which worked well too (sorry no pic, will post it when I'm done) . Not sure what I'm going to do on the inside though.
- Firmware update for the Aero ( I believe I need to adjust the steps)
- Cleaning up the wire mess....I hate wires.