Carbide 3d compact router

Looks like a Makita rt0701c clone without the base, and extra brushes. No precision collet I think, but for $80 nonsale price, looks like a great price! Especially with the dwp611 going up/fluctuating in price recently.

Do you have a link?

I actually just found this as well and was looking for reviews or thoughts on it.

Oops, I swear I posted it, but I’m on mobile so maybe something happened.

Thinking of ordering one, but they don’t ship to me so I may as well just get another Makita and some spare brushes. The brushes in my dwp611 gave out after only 5 months, so at least I know my usage now, bought 4 sets so I should be set for the year at least.

$80 USD though? I got my Makita RT0701 for $125 CAD, so that’s only slightly more (and it went on sale for $80 CAD 2 days later grrr)

Looks identical to the hf Bauer router, and $20 more.

That looks very promising. I might have to pick one up.

1 Like

I just ordered this router. It’s currently %15 off for Black Friday.

1 Like

I have a feeling the Bauer has the cheapest bearing’s in it along with probably super soft brushes which would make it a good deal more expensive once you end up spending the money and labor to replace those when/if they go out quickly. This is just a hunch. I personally have a DWP611 which I purchased just over a year ago. If I was to get a new router now it would be the Carbide 3d router. Has decent electronics/bearing and it’s also easier to put a SuperPID on it.

I know it gets brought up I’m sure a lot but for a MPCNC it’s way overkill to start looking at CNC router spindles. Generally cost 2x more and weight a lot more over an easily attainable Makita/Dewalt/C3D router.

Actually, my Bauer has MANY hours on it (both on and off the mpcnc). Brushes still good and the bearings have yet to show any wear at all. No slop or change in noise level at all. Plus, if you spend the $10 for the 2yr service plan, you can get a brand new one at no cost when/if it starts to wear…still a great deal.

I stand corrected!!! I still have issues with anything that has small brushed motors from HF. I’m glad to hear it’s a viable option on the cheap.

It was quite a surprise to me as well!
But I’ve been VERY satisfied with the Bauer line of tools from hf. The porta-band saw is amazingly good, and the same with the planer and random orbital sander.