Cardboard cutting options

Hi guys!

I want to make some cardboard boxes on the lr2 and came across a video on youtube that used some pretty sweet looking 3d printed tools. They rotate on a metal shaft using a bearing and a spring for tension.
I emailed them and it turned out they ask $285 for a set. That’s just a bit much for me… (Here’s the link: Cnc Drag knife-crease set Cut and crease cardboard 1-6mm cut 1-20mm pvc foam eva | eBay )

Does anyone know similar tools that I can print myself? I’ve looked on thingiverse and on here, but I’m just not sure what design to pick

Here’s a picture:

Ps: I know some people here love cardboard and lasers, but that’s not what I’m looking for :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aliexpress has several offers for vinyl drag knife cutters…are those not the same thing? fitting a rounded off blade would suffice as the bending tool surely?,$285 indeed!

1/8" end mill and cut very very fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

A screen roller might be a cheap option for a tool to get the creases as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Rolling-Installing-Screens-Security/dp/B08B3FZ3YM#

1 Like

This topic might be interesting to you if you haven’t already come across it.

I’ve also seen a few cardboard related topics on the forum.

1 Like

I have no experience with cutting anything on the LR, however I’ve had plenty of cutting time with scalpels (material not flesh) and that blade looks very much like an X-acto or scalpel blade. If so - I think that keeping it sharp will be a monster problem in this application.

If it’s not - ignore this post! Cheers!