Carnation Lowrider Build

i agree with you on get good first. i was more just wondering if this was a normal time limit. also here is the screen shot.

That helps. I am sure you can get that faster, but get a good one first. I can easily cut your time by 1/3 though.

Set your path depth to 6mm, or your Z stepdown to 3.25mm. Two passes instead of three.

There are tricks you can play too. Like if you thought that would look good pocketed out, then you could just cut it out of thinner material and glue it to a backer board instead of milling that whole area. I can see you are jist doing the edges but pocketing something like that does take a loooong time.

It’s weird though, pretty much all my jobs end up being about 1-2 hours. That’s just what I can tolerate.

before i print out the Ramps14 base V1, does it fit the mini rambo? or is there another case out that will?

never mind found it.

i have two questions i was hoping to get an answer.

1. how long does a bit last when it comes to cutting ? i know it probably depends on the wood.
  2. any idea why my lines at the very end are off? does that have to do with the bit?

Lets see the Gcode for that. Zip it first please.

Here you go Ryan.

Nothing there.

try this one

one sec its not attaching

use this link

You are cutting MDF at 20mm/s at a depth of 7mm, try 10mm/s and make sure your long axis is not binding. just to be safe slow your xy rapids down a bit, 35 should be fine but lets eliminate the issue before you start creeping things back up. You only seem to have an issue on your long axis so binding very well could be the issue.

Make sure to driver the machine around the entire perimeter first. you can do this but “air cutting” a bounding box as your first cut.

so i found that my vertical bars are rubbing on the sides of my table. so that means my table is bowed in the middle and not straight. will keep you up to date as i progress. on another note i found this table on etsy and wish i would have gone this route.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167427829/steel-metal-table-frame-any-size-color?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=steel%20table%20frame&ref=sr_gallery-1-8

What is your table like? Feel like posting some wide angle shots of it, and some showing what rubbing you’re having?

i will do that tonight when i get home.

So Ryan, does this mean these actions cannot be performed without the LCD?

You can do all of this with a connected computer.

1 Like

With Repetier?

Yes, you can use Repetier with the manual controls. Some folks also program the G92 X0 Y0 Z0 as one of the configurable buttons so you don’t have to type it everytime you want to “zero” the axes.

1 Like