Cat Wall

Here is a cell phone picture of my most recent CNC project. My young adult daughter lives in semi-rural area, and three kittens showed up and took up residence under her deck. The mother had not been around in a couple of weeks, and she appeared injured the last time my daughter had seen her, so my daughter decided to trap and adopt the kittens. She asked me if I could construct a “cat wall” for her. Something that would be a combination of cat tree for the kittens and usable shelving for her things. This is what we ended up with. It grew more organically than by design.

The CNC part was boxes and other corners constructed with finger joints…lots of the same finger joints over and over…and a few big holes. She is talking about changes and additions to the wall, but having just used up a second sheet of plywood, it is time to at least pause the project.

15 Likes

That’s cool!

Nice, they seem to love it!

This warms my heart to the core! I need to make some crazy adventurous wall pieces for my cats. Wife has been nagging about one for a couple years now, I have just yet to sit down and design something. I love how yours is multi purpose too!

I don’t have pictures of it, but my daughter prodded me into expanding the wall. It now extends to the left another four feet with five additional boxes. Her four cats spend a lot of time on the wall.

There are a lot of cool ideas on the net for building cat walls. I believe this one was partly inspired by this photo, though imo I think the one in the photo, with its interlocking squares, is cooler.

1 Like
1 Like

Here’s our cat gym (none using it at the moment). No CNC involved but my daughter designed and built it (with a little help) as a project for one of her high school classes back before the pandemic.

She’s particularly proud of the hammock.

Spring clips make it easy to adjust the drapes. With the metal shelf standards and ceiling tees we use magnets to shift around some of the battable bits to keep things fresh. Plus there’s no risk of them getting trapped.

7 Likes