Changes not taking effect

I’m using the SKR 1.3 with DRV8825 drivers in marlin 2.0. Any changes I make to DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT appear to have no effect at all. The code compiles just fine and I see the firmware file is being updated. I also power cycle the board a few times, but nothing changes. I put some random numbers in the setting to see if anything would change, but motors move the exact same distance.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

So platformio is writing a firmware.bin file to your card?

Yes. I can see it’s being written. I’m using VS code.

Here are the config details from the terminal. EEPROM:1. does that mean it’s not looking at the sd card?

CNCjs 1.9.22 [Marlin]
Connected to COM9 with a baud rate of 115200
FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin 2.0.x (GitHub) SOURCE_CODE_URL:https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Low Rider EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:cede2a2f-41a2-4748-9b12-c55c62f367ff
Cap:SERIAL_XON_XOFF:0
Cap:BINARY_FILE_TRANSFER:0
Cap:EEPROM:1
Cap:VOLUMETRIC:1
Cap:AUTOREPORT_TEMP:1
Cap:PROGRESS:0
Cap:PRINT_JOB:1
Cap:AUTOLEVEL:0
Cap:Z_PROBE:0
Cap:LEVELING_DATA:0
Cap:BUILD_PERCENT:0
Cap:SOFTWARE_POWER:0
Cap:TOGGLE_LIGHTS:0
Cap:CASE_LIGHT_BRIGHTNESS:0
Cap:EMERGENCY_PARSER:0
Cap:PROMPT_SUPPORT:0
Cap:AUTOREPORT_SD_STATUS:0
Cap:THERMAL_PROTECTION:1
Cap:MOTION_MODES:1
Cap:CHAMBER_TEMPERATURE:0

When I send an M92 Y 100 command on terminal it takes effect. Not sure why it’s ignoring the firmware file.

I’m guessing it is just loading the settings from EEPROM, because it doesn’t know if you changed them on purpose or not. It is a good idea to send M502 to load the parameters from the firmware, and then M500 to save them to EEPROM.

2 Likes