Changing firmware for LCD2004A

I am trying to use the hardware I have on hand for the time being. I have a Ramps 1.4 with the LCD2004A instead of the full graphics LCD, I have the firmware downloaded from the site but I do not know what I need to adjust in the firmware to make it work with the 2004. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I finally have some time to start working on finishing the MPCNC.

In configuration.h towards the end there are a list of LCD’s, comment out mine and un-comment yours.

1 Like

Awesome, I figured it was something fairly simple but I am just learning messing with arduino. I need to go ahead and order one of the full graphics lcd’s from you. I probably will when I make an order for some of the parts for the MP3DP. I have a cr-10 and love it but I want to make yours as a second printer for flexible filaments. Thanks for the quick response. I will have pictures up in the forum soon.

Below is the error I get when I try to change firmware to reprapdiscount smart controller, what am I doing wrong?

Arduino: 1.8.6 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

sketch\ultralcd.cpp: In function ‘menu_action_setting_edit_float5.constprop’:

sketch\ultralcd.cpp:3197:3: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

DEFINE_MENU_EDIT_TYPE(float, float5, ftostr5rj, 0.01);

^

Needs to be arduino 1.9.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan feeling a bit dumb now. Because now that you said it I know I read it.

No big deal this sort of thing happens whenever new features are added. It will catch up shortly.

The last one was 1.8.5…

Hope the short reply doesn’t come off rude. Just try to answer from my phone to get you rolling.