Changing stepper motor current

i have a rambo mini and want to change the stepper drivers output current.

I’ve never used platform io before and i don’t want to stuff up my working board.
im not really sure how to go about changing this setting.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

The settings for it are in configuration_adv.h I believe I have it show in the ultimachine boards instruction page.

There is very little room to turn them up, I only suggest messing with it if you are going down.

and…You can also do it from the LCD menu.

Okay thanks for your help.

The reason I want to turn them up is I have bought a nema 23 and it struggles to lift the gantry, skipping steps on the way up.

I had the low rider set up working great with nema 17s and have since changed to a more standard cnc configuration with one z axis motor.

What else can I do to increase power or simply stop it from skipping steps?

The gantry is slightly stiff to move but doesn’t feel like it’ll be straining the movement.

23’s…yeah probably need to turn it up, watch board and stepper temps.

I’ve been able to change the “drive strength” on the lcd and that has solved this issue but it isn’t permanent.
I’ve read though your instructions for updating firmware but I’m still struggling with it, not good with code or programming.
But I would like to set up dual end stops with the y motors and change the current for the z motor in the firmware.

Currently I can’t connect the to the board I must need some drivers but can’t find them.
I have downloaded your pre configured firmware but I’m not sure what to change, under DIGIPOT_MOTOR_CURRENT it has 5 values but I thought there was only 4 drivers, also I don’t know which corresponds to what motor. I only want to change the z all the other steppers are great.

You need to also save the settings from the lcd menu.

1 Like

for anyone else who is stuck with this issue this will help improve your understanding sure helped me.