Check angularity CNC

Good evening,

I have the following problem with my recently built MPCNC. I have tried to drive up an angle with a dial gauge to see how high the deviation is. Thereby a very large deviation has been noticed, which I have recorded once in the video. The base frame was measured meticulously over the diagonal, this is therefore one hundred percent the same length. The outer tubes also have the same length and the height is set the same on all four feet. Nevertheless, I still have this large deviation and have unfortunately only found nothing where I can readjust.

Possibly someone of you had the same problem and can remedy?

Thank you, you can found the video on youtube if you searching for “MPCNC Winkel” (Author: Jan)

Greetings Jan

Sorry i cant send the URL for the Video

Check that your rails are all straight. When I first built mine, one of the rails had a bow in it. Some idiot (me) probably leaned on it during the build. Replaced the rail and all was good.

Good morning,

The stainless steel pipes are all straight. These are also brand new. I still have the problem so far as seen in the video above. After consulting with other users, they said you can’t adjust the angularity like you can with the Burly. Many people have also had the problem and have done pieces of paper to reline between stainless steel tube and plastic holder for the Makita router. I haven’t tried that yet because I don’t know exactly where and how and I think I have the problem when I loosen the plastic holder for the Makita mount that I can’t fix it anymore because the nut inside the tube counter will rotate with it.

Does anyone else have an idea how I can improve the deviation shown in the video above?

Greetings Jan

You are only prevented from posting links for when you first sign up for the forum. This is spam prevention. You should be able to post links now, and I think you will get more people looking at your problem if people could have an easier time playing the video.

I don’t have a specific solution for you. I’ve never seen this specific check done. Typically, when people are looking at this kind of squareness issue, they first surface their spoil board, then they correct any tramming issues using a tramming arm, and then if there was any significant tramming issues, the do a minor re-surfacing of the spoilboard. Perhaps you could do these steps and then rerun your test.

Edit: Duh. I can post the link.