Clone Mini rambo motors dont move Nema 17

The engines are not running. 1 motor makes a short noise after command but no further movement.
The fuses are good. I have been searching the forum for 2 days but can’t find anything. Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin 425 2.0.5.3
echo: Last Updated: 2020-04-04 | Author: (V1 Engineering, Ryan, 425)
echo:Compiled: Aug 2 2020
echo: Free Memory: 3509 PlannerBufferBytes: 1472
echo:V77 stored settings retrieved (622 bytes; crc 39644)

Post up a few pictures.

iam useing pronterface

If you look at the labels of the pins under the board, the X is labelled AABB, the Y, and Z are labelled BAAB. I have no idea why they do that, or how their feedback isn’t filled with bad reviews…

I would try using some extensions to swap the motor wires around so that the motors (which are wired AABB) are rerouted to be BAAB. So swap pins 1 and 3.

We’ve seen this before in the clone mini rambos, but I never knew it was labelled that way too.

I tried that, but unfortunately still nothing. yes just a zoom sound of the engine

Edited your title.

I am fairly certain it is the pinouts of that board. For some reason they are all wonky. I do not know of an easy way to test it, but the steppers pairs are not as they should be. You are going to need to guess and check. Power off between each test. I am sure the one of the axis is not like the others and you have all three steppers wired the same, so 1 of them is certainly wrong, if not all of them. The firmware is tested and confirmed.

I ordered this board as a spare a year ago.
and building the lowrider in the beginning had a lot of problems with the firmware because i had the wrong firmware and hardly understand it. Now I would like to put a neje 20w laser on the lowrider and thought I would try it on the spare board first. because the lowrider has to work every day and should not stop now. I dare not put the new firmware on it now because I don’t have time to reinvent the whole wheel
I suspect the spare mini rambo is broken

It is not broken…except for the fact they make them wrong. The 4 pin stepper plugs are not wired correctly, as they are on a real mini rambo, you 100% have to rewire at least one stepper, maybe all of them, I don’t know as I don’t own an import. Just going off what others have said here that got them working.

I would do one motor at a time. You motors are AABB from the factory. So I would get a couple of my jumper wires to wire them ABBA and ABAB. With each config, I would wire it to one driver, turn it on, command a move, and write down if it worked right or not.

1 Like

ok it runs a little bit but it seems that in firmware something is not correct with the engines. maybe the amp or the number of steps? .

Those numbers check out, really close to mine so steps and power are correct.

Do I have the right firmware? Marlin-1CNC_MiniRambo

Make sure your power supply has the correct incoming voltage selected and the output is also correct. Those power supplies take some adjustment sometimes, and if you have the wrong incoming selected they act real funny. That was the #1 issue at Robo3D for a very long time, making people select 110 or 220.

I tested it with pronterface and repetier host. and another power supply. other usb cable. but still the same results. :unamused:

with a macbook. the funny thing is that my other mini rambo just works fine. with the old firmware.
and I do not dare to replace it with the new ones because otherwise my company will be shut down at the moment, I am dependent on it