I building the cnc and I created this thread to make some type of building report.
what i have done so far:
- printed most of the pieces, i now starting to print the Z parts. Printing using my own printer, the g&c printer (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1003119). all pieces are printed with pla, most at 0.30mm with 35% infill. I using yellow, white and orange not because i like the colors, but only because i have almost 1kg of each one.
- Build an table with 80cm x 120cm x 2.7cm, the cnc was and dimension of 100cm x 80cm. The working dimension will be something like 70cm x 50 cm
- I now finishing to put together the x and y axis, but still need to make the final adjustments
- I using 10cm tubes on the feets for testing only, they will be changed to 20cm tube on the final version. The goal is to get 20cm of movements in the Z axis.
Some info about my cnc:
- Is the IE version (25mm tube), using 1.8mm stainless steel tube for the x and y axis, and 2mm aluminium for the Z axis and feets.
- ramps 1.4 with 1/32 stepers, lcd 20x4, 4 motors 1.7A name17 for the x and y and one motor of 2.5A nema17 for the Z.
- brand new makita RT0700C
- 4 endstop, min and max for x and y
- xbox 360 (135W) power supply for the ramps.
I will need more of one month to have the cnc working because i buy some hardware from china (ebay) and it take an long time to get here…