CNC Freeze Mid Cut - Archim 1.0 w/12864 LCD Control Panel

I’ve been having issues with my lowrider2 freezing mid cut.

I purchased the Lowrider2 kit and an Archim 1.0 w/ LCD screen from here aprox 2 years ago.
I have been using EstlCam V11 for making my gcode but have recently familiarized myself with Repetier-Host as well.

Originally the screen would go blank but still be lit up when this happened. I thought a firmware update may fix this but it does still freeze only now the screen continue to display info but its also frozen and has no ability to change with the dial/click input.

Aside from the firmware update, I’ve also checked my power supply connections which i though may have been coming loose but since making a better connections power supply does not seem to be the issue either.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using the dust collection? If so, have you taken any anti-static precautions?

Several people have had problems with static electricity making trouble. The current favourite way to deal eith it is to put a bare copper wire inside the length of the vacuum hose and connect it to earth ground. This can be at either end, and using an insulated wire. Preventing a static charge from building up seems to keep the electronics from crashing.

2 Likes

I have been using a shop vac for some manual collection and sometimes holding it next to the router. Ill try to get this fix going, thanks for the quick response! :grin:

1 Like