CNC joint links

Yes! The finishing is pissing me off. I much prefer the oils. That is why I have not finished the other cut pieces I am trying to decide if I should switch to tung oil or something I enjoy working with. I wanted the color but I don’t think it is worth the effort. That means remaking the headboard, with the cnc this time, kind of a bonus really.

Next time I need something to be water proofish, I’m going to make my own wipe on poly. That way it won’t be expensive, and the 9 coats kind of sucks, but if I can be liberal with it, and not worry about bubbles or anything, then I can just do one or two coats per day, and spend like 15 minutes on it.

I have a project that I finished a while ago on my MPCNC, and I haven’t shared it yet, because I’m entering it in a plans contest. That’s the one I used wipe on poly for. I just submitted the entry.

Interesting! Good Luck, and I can’t wait to see it.

Bookmarked. This is a great resource. It’ll come in very handy.

1 Like

I usually just put clear poly in my hvlp sprayer.

1 Like

I miss having the ability to spray. Hopefully I can get a real shop soon.

Too bad you don’t have a neighbor or buddy with a CNC

1 Like

IIRC, you make a real mess with that sprayer. :slight_smile:

Are the cheap ones worth it? I was thinking about getting one. HF has a cheap one. I have a decent pancake compressor, but it’s high pressure low volume…

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Wagner-Flexio-590-Kit-Handheld-HVLP-Paint-Sprayer/4619636

Have this one. So far I’ve put a few gallons of paint through it. I also have an older model, both work really well, but this one can spray undiluted latex. Though I still dilute it a little, too much orange peel texture otherwise. I’ve put about a gallon of poly through it too.

Mine is a cheap one. It might not lay the smoothest finish, but I haven’t noticed anything horrible with it. Be sure and get a good regulator. I use two. One of the big ones on the compressor itself, then one of the small ones on the air line right by the gun.

My airbrush on the other hand… spent way too much money on that thing.

Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve imported in sketchup to modify and implement in my drawings.
Will test that C_001_2 out today.

I guess if we make it more compact (split in two small files) in sketchup and flip horizontally
to set zero at bottom left things would go more easy to calibrate or to use with scraps laying around.

Hah, in my day we had to figure out how sexually harass people on our own!

My interns were never useful until just before they left! They learned while with me, but just as they learnt so did time expire!

Crap! This was an old post sorry!!!