CNC Newbie from Italy build

Hi All,
I’m very proud to say that I succeed building MPCNC… Still a lot of work to do but the crown plot is done!

Some details of my build:

Special Thanks to blomsd for inspiration.

3 Likes

Nice…Now go get that super clean machine diiiirty!

Benvenuto Gabriele! Good looking machine and nice crown. Can’t wait to see what you create!

That looks awesome. Glad the SKR 1.3 is working out for you!

Very clean :slight_smile:

What do you think of that display? I have almost the same setup, and I can’t help but think it needs to be reprogrammed for cnc.

I’m not satisfied, I was expecting it was customizable through marlin. In the mid term I’ll flash the boot and try to customize for CNC application.

Now it’s time to start to cut something… I’m starting with a Dremel 4000 then I’ll upgrade to a more suitable spindle… Have you any advice for a low cost alternative to Makita/DeWalt solutions?

The dewalt is king. I live in the US, so it is pretty cheap, durable, powerful, and available. It was on sale for $55 the other day on amazon.

Hi Gabriele,

Really a nice and neat machine! I wish someday I could get my harness as clean as yours.

ciao,
Francesco

I agree. So I did modify the TFT for CNC operations: GitHub - BlomsD/MPCNC-TFT35-V2.0: Custom firmware for the BigTreeTech TFT35 V2.0 for use with the MPCNC

I am glad I mentioned it. Do you have a case you like (either of you)?

Jeff, I didn’t find one for that exact screen so I made my own. It works for me since I can flip the display so I have it mounted to the front of my workbench: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3951307

2 Likes

First time I made it dirty… Tribute to V1 Engineering!

Thank You!!

6 Likes

No, thank you!

I have updated the TFT with your binaries, now it looks much better!

At each init I’ve got this error, do you know the root cause?

2 Likes

Well I can’t imagine a better looking boot screen!

2 Likes

Yes. I know what that error is. I can fix it when I get back to my main computer in about 2 weeks.

Thank you Dan,
I have solved by disabling AUTO_BED_LEVELING in Configuration.h file.

Next Step, connect a relay in order to start and stop the spindle…

1 Like

Finally with 3 70x70 mm rafter long 4m of I have built a table for my MPCNC:

@vicious1 obviously I have carved V1 Engineering logo on it!

6 Likes

That looks great, now…get that thang diiiirty!

hi Gabriele! I’m also about to build my mpcnc … can I ask you a question? here in Italy where did you buy stainless steel pipes?

grazie :wink:
ciao
Claudio