CNC plasma / torch table

So this is my table I have being building off on in sense mid November 2019. It runs off mach3, tb6600 drivers, 36v for the motors / Proma 150 TCH and 12v / 5v usb for the cheap 5 axis BoB. Rapids set at 20000mm per minute (slowed down from 30000 just to keep reliable). I use a Everlast 80s for the plasma. I built the table fairly heavy to accommodate 4" 4*8 sheets of plate. The pla parts have stood up alright. I have replaced many parts and now print them 100% (entire part bottom layers, not infill). Also use heat shield for oxy fuel torch and of course a water table. And in works well to cool material being cut minimizing warping of thinner metals. It is now working very well now, took alot of work to get here but reliability is great now. Any questions, feel free to ask.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DBaXYqy1Ygo1EX2BA

10 Likes

Also cut speeds vary from 6000mm for 16ga to 200mm for 1" on the plasma (400mm for torch)

That is an epic build. Those videos are great. It really looks like it is just chewing through material.

That’s wonderful, can you give us a breakdown of the motors, driver, etc that you used to accomplish this? What were some of the challenges you had building this? It’s a truly awesome build, would love to replicate. Do you have a feel for the overall cost?

Looking at the above you have the specs, just not in terms I’m used to. I’ll research.

I love your build! I’m from Germany and just started a similar project. Is it possible to contact you via Facebook or any other platform to get some advice for my build? (Or does this platform here here has a chat function? If yes, then I did not found it yet😅)
Greetings from Germany✌

There is a German language category in the forum. There is also a private message function (click a name, and you should find it). I would consider there are quite a few other folks that probably have the same questions, so even if you are only interested in one opinion, asking in public helps the lurkers find their answers.

Awesome work!

I see you’re using a modified version of the floating torch mount by @uthayne, can you post the STL?

Also, in this thread you are redesigning the the z mount, can you elaborate?