CNCJS Stops after every T:0 OK

I have a MacBook Pro and a RPi running CNCJS. Using either of them I can connect to my new machine just fine. The issue I have is as soon as Marlin sends back the T:0 OK on the console CNCJS is dead in the water. Pronterface works fine for jogging it around but doesn’t support zeroing out the axis. I got it jogged to zero on a test board using Pronterface, then connected it to the PI and reset it and loded the gcode. It starts carving fine, but after every ok on the Marlin console, i have to pause and resume the operation to get to cut some more. I have Marlin selected at the top, 250000 baud etc. I can connect to my 3018cnc using the grbl bits and it works fine so the ports seem ok.

Edit: I was able to jog it to zero with Octoprint, G92 the axes to 0 and run the crown file just fine that way.

There seems to be something a bit buggy with how cnc.js handles the console. I noticed there was recently an update that mentioned something about handling it better. Sometimes if I just blindly type M119 and press enter to get the endstop status in the console it will wake up. Sometimes hitting refresh on the browser will also wake it up.

On mine (RPi running CNC.js to a GT2560 v3 board running Marlin bugfix 2.0 over USB) I connect to the logic board from inside CNC.js, then abort and connect again. The second time I connect additional output will appear in my CNC.js terminal. From here, all works properly. Not sure if this helps - plz ignore if not of use.

So I had been getting some EEPROM error in Marlin even right out of the box, finally reflashed the board with the preconfigured from the website and now CNC.js works fine with no other changes to speak of, so not sure what was wrong with the flash right from the V1 store.

So you reflashed Marlin onto your CNC and that fixed it? I’m having the same problem right now

That is what fixed it for me yes. Just downloaded the Marlin build from this website for my board and recompiled and reflashed it and the eeprom errors went away.

That fixed the EEPROM error for me too, but I had to update CNCjs to get the pause and resume issue to go away.

Im trying to figure out how to get CNCjs to stop pausing when i send an M0 command to the LCD screen. I have to hit resume on the LCD screen and then hit resume on the web server as well which is not what i want obviously

Yeah I bought a Shapoko XXL so haven’t messed with this one much in a few days. Not sure there.

That’s just the way it works right now. I opened an issue about it on the CNC.js github.
Some people resolve it by disabling their LCD and just using CNC.js

Thanks for responding!

I’ve got it working mostly the way I want through Octoprint right now so I guess ill just use that. Its just pretty useless with all the temperature readings and the non-functional g-code visualizer

Hmmm. That doesn’t have much traction. Maybe we need to fix this ourselves…

I think most people want to use their Pi’s in headless mode so it makes sense to include this feature for them.

Yeah i would spam M108 to get it to continue.

In the case of M0 the M108 command acts like the LCD button, breaking out of M0 and continuing to process the G-code queue.

1 Like

Interesting… how does that work? Just make sure every M0 command is followed by a M108 command in the gcode?

On the CNCJS console i just types M108 to simulate hitting the button that didn’t exist for me, could probably change the gcode as well.

I started having a “similar” problem myself. In my case, the terminal was responsive, but the buttons to jog the machine was not. If I pressed a button, it sat there, but then if I sent any gcode command via the terminal, it would immediately perform the button command. Reflashing firmware, resetting controller, etc. did no good. It turned out to be a CNC.js issue as it resolved by shutting down and restarting CNC.js.