Collet: Where to buy in Canada?

Does anyone know where to get a good 1/8" collet for the DeWalt DWP611 in Canada? I’ve looked at the ones on this site as well as at Elaire, but with shipping, etc. these things get super expensive for such a small piece that it seems crazy to get one and ship it over here.

I bit the bullet, and ended up going fancy and expensive shipping from precise bits. I’ve considered setting up a group buy for locals to me in edmonton but never went farther with the idea. After my issue developed with my elaire collett I looked around for some other ideas. I’m very happy with the one I ended up with, and have considered getting a 1/4" one too. The router bits I got from them too have been very impressive. It’s not always easy to swallow the canadian bump but I try to consider it a beauty tax. :grinning:

Hahhaha those are not cheap. How good are they? I ended up getting a reducer bushing from Lee Valley for $7. Supposed to work well, but even if it doesn’t I figure it’s worth a shot.

Thanks!

After dealing with the aftermath of a collet gone wrong, the many successive program failures, and ruined boards of wood I was very happy to move on. Very subjectively speaking of course they seem like much nicer bits than my 10 packs from amazon, and the cut performance in maple was excellent. After choking down the shipping a few bucks per bit isn’t that tall an ask especially if I get the life out of them that’s suggested.

I may have to look into them then. The only other issue right now is shipping anything from even an hour away takes a month, so I don’t have high hopes for something from a different country.

Thanks for your help!

There’s always amazon of course, you’ll get stuff quickly but it’s a pickem of choices and quality. I don’t think the bits themselves are absolutely critical and at least in the initial phases for myself I broke many bits so having the 10 packs for $15 gave me peace of mind that way. If there’s more interest from the northerners we could probably sort out a group buy of like minded folks, like I said I’d be interested in a 1/4" collet and more bits are always handy.