Compiling firmware for an unlisted board

so i did download this V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual, unzipped and in it, i get the firmware.bin file only, i unzip the firmware.bin file and i get firmware.bin.cpgz, i don’t know why i can’t see the files you mentioned like the Marlin folder…

Oh shoot. This is my fault. v511 has a problem with the zip. Try it again. It should give you v510 now.

OK now it is there! :slight_smile:

So I should now compare the marlin folder of the board I have with the marlin folder from the V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual folder, right ?

I already made some works on the board pins like :

• switching drivers outputs
    Z1 to X1
    Z2 to X2
    X to Y
    Y to Y2
    E0 to Z

also enabled dual end stops for :
Y Axis
Y2 Axis
X Axis
X2 Axis

so every stepper driver/motor have its own end stop for better squared axes

this what meld is showing, I would be grateful if you can tell me which files I need to merge and which not

thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

That is a very old version of Marlin. Or else it was heavily modified. This is going to be a ton of work. It may not even support dual endstops.

You should not have to mess with the pins file. The E0 E1 drivers will be used for X2 and Y2 based on settings in the configuration_adv.h file.

Let me just throw this out there.

It may be frustrating to ask such a specific question, “What exactly do I change” and get vague responses like, “You have to look and see”.

But the truth is that this is a challenging job. If I had the board, I bet it would take half a day of my time, at least. I could make a guess in less than an hour, but the real work is figuring out where that guess is wrong. I also can’t guess and check when I don’t have the board.

I just can’t spend my time on this kind of problem, when that much of my time can be spent so much more effectively on other projects (the MarlinBuilder, the tft, sandify, v1pi).

I’m sorry. I am just not going to be able to hold your hand through this. If you are interested in tinkering with it, then go ahead and try it. If you want your machine working, I suggest you walk away from this board and buy something else.

ok i get what you mean, and i think you are right, since I like to tinker i would give it a shot with this board, i found a file with the confgis of the V1 but on the ramps board for Marlin,

i know its an older marlin version but i will rather to take my time on it and to be honest i am having fun learning/doing this so i will give it a shot :slight_smile: and i am thankful for your help man!

2 Likes