Conduit Dimensions

I ordered and received enough 25mm electrical conduit to make a start on my MPCNC. I downloaded the 25mm file set from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:790533, and printed a foot, to check the fit. I also did a calibration piece to ensure my Ender 3 was dialled in correctly to reproduce the accuracy required. I test fit the foot on the conduit, and it does seem quite loose (though that is without a securing bolt). So I decided to measure the OD of my ‘25mm’ conduit, and it is a nominal 24,7mm, and that is pretty consistent across the 3000mm length. The parts are in PETG, and measure as they should. Before I print any more parts, do I:

a) Carry on and hope the screws ‘snug’ them together? - Though I doubt this will be the case

or

b) Print the 24.5mm set and use a bit of brute force to assemble the parts?

or

c) Get a different conduit? but couldn’t this lead to the same issue

or

d) Wrap the conduit, and assemble

or

e) Redesign the parts in Fusion 360?

I am currently printing a 24.5mm foot to see how that fares.

I have tightened the foot up with an M4 screw and nut that I had lying around, and it seems pretty tight, and will not slide along the conduit. See Image below

Tough call. I think you will be okay, if the foot and locks fit you should be okay I would think.

1 Like

We have a 25mm and a 25.4mm version because 0.4mm does matter but you are short of that. Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

I’ve printed out a full corner set in 25mm and assembled it. It all seems fine, no wobble or slipping; the screws nipped it together nicely.

Really looking forward to building this, as I have always wanted a CNC machine, but could never justify the cost. So on to my printing, and thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like