Conduit/rails/tubing for mpcnc primo variant

Good day everyone,
I’m currently collecting list of material for a MPCNC primo version.
But i’m wondering if some people can help me out with an issue (idea)
According conduit/rails/tubing. Do anyone knows if chromed metallic tube 25mm and 1,6 wall thickness also can be used ?

i’m from Belgium and dutch language . So i’ve found such tubes in Brico store for around 16€ per 2 meters.
Feel free for suggestions.

Thanks everyone !

1 Like

Yes that 25mm wardrobe chromed tubes are what i used in my built.

Does the chrome not start to flake off with usage?

good question. When i got this bar in the store i only could see this was straight. But nothing about chrome, so that was the main reason why i was asking for this. Hopely he will answer it.

Thanks everyone for answering !

Mine didn’t flake off but i have only 20 hours of usage in one year and half( only laser)
I had sourced that tubes 5 years before to use them, they were stored on my garage with an high level of humidity and they didn’t moved.

I would rotate them if it was starting to flake offt, maybe 2 or 3 times until i would need to change them to probably get the same ones. They are cheap and easily foundable.

Hi Tommy,

I’m also from Belgium and struggling a bit to find the pipes in galvanized steel or RVS with the required diameter. Did you find the pipes that worked in Brico, if so which ones did you use?

Cheers,
Wietse

You could also try https://www.hoerr-edelstahl.de/. It’s in Germany though, so I am not sure about shipping. They have 25mm tubes with 2mm wall thickness.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, Philipp!!
They have pre-cut sets specifically for the MPCNC for different sizes here - https://www.hoerr-edelstahl.de/Restposten-Schnaeppchen-sonstige-Artikel/Rohr-Set-25-mm-Edelstahl-fuer-PRIMO-mostly-printed-MPCNC-Stangen-Arbeitsbereich.html

I’m going to order once I have decided on the sizing…
Cheers,
Wietse

1 Like

Ask them to cut the feet shorter if you want the minimal height, they cut them at 250mm, that might be way to high and cutting them yourself is a bitch.

Hi Philipp, thanks for the heads up.
From what they mention on their website, they cut the feet at 150mm and not 250mm.
If I look at the calculator for my dimension (1000 mm x 800 mm x 150 mm) the legs should be 129. Would it make a big difference if they’re 150 and not 129?

Cheers,
Wietse

150 should be fine. I shortened the 250 one to the lowest possibility because it was easiest for me. You can always cut them later, if you have the lowest setting, the pipes are only there to hold the top and bottom together. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like