Connecting to RAMPS full Graphic using MAC

Hi folks, just building up my mpcnc and came across these errors (at bottom of post) trying to verify the firmware to send to the arduino. Won’t verify and also can’t connect to it using the USB. (I have a 3d printer as well which uses an Arduino and it connects fine.)

I am using a mac (El Capitaine), and a full graphic screen and 5/16 threaded rod. So I’ve downloaded:
-Arduino 1.6.12
-chinese arduino driver (CH341SER_MAC.ZIP) and rebooted,
-u8glib_arduino_v1.18.1.zip added as a library in arduino,
-b16-32-fullg-112515.zip sketch opened,
-changed the configuration.h file to use a baud of 115200.

At one point the arduino app had a popup that said there were updated library files available but no idea of how to get them. fyi.

Can’t figure this out…argh. Please help.

Errors when trying to verify:

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

In file included from sketch/ConfigurationStore.cpp:65:0:
sketch/language.h:65:0: warning: “MACHINE_NAME” redefined
#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME
^
sketch/language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define MACHINE_NAME “Mendel”
^
In file included from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:47:0:
sketch/language.h:65:0: warning: “MACHINE_NAME” redefined
#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME
^
sketch/language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define MACHINE_NAME “Mendel”
^
sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:2715:36: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
LCD_MESSAGEPGM(MACHINE_NAME" “MSG_OFF”.");
^
In file included from sketch/SdFile.h:27:0,
from sketch/cardreader.h:8,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:44:
SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’
struct fpos_t {
^
In file included from sketch/Marlin.h:10:0,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:30:
/Volumes/Macbook Data/pmaier/Desktop/mpcnc/Arduino for mpcnc/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/stdio.h:950:33: note: ‘fpos_t’ has a previous declaration here
extension typedef long long fpos_t;
^
exit status 1
using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Use the new beta firmware with the new arduino software. The old one has a moved library.

Thanks. That worked. Now I can connect to it in Repetier it says “Connection Opened” but it stuck on the “5 commands waiting” …

BTW, my baud rates are actually 250000 and they work.

Any ideas?

Try 115200.
It seems like it connects, and does, but can’t talk to each other. It’s like calling a different country, you connect but can’t understand each other.

My other RAMPS has a different modem usbmodem1411 and does take the higher baud rate. Works now, thanks. You should put a note on the marlin page on your site so people know to use the beta firmware if they’ve downloaded the updated arduino s/w. Thanks Keymaster.

It does say it on the firmware page, but I clarified the language a little bit. Thanks!