Connector from power supply disconnects.

The connector on my power supply is loose and keeps disconnecting. Can I cut off the connector and hardwire the wires directly into power screw downs on the board instead of using the connector? Just bypass it altogether? Are there wires inside it or carbon strands like a spark plug wire?

What board do you have? If it has power screws feel free.

1 Like

Rambo

I am unsure what you are asking then, the Rambo does not have screws on the board. Pictures of what you are referring to?

1 Like

For anyone else wondering if you can do this? Yes.

What to expect?

Disconnect power brick from receptacle!

Pull off your power connectors that plug into the Rambo board - just being careful not to fry your board.

Find the L shaped connector on the power brick to your MPCNC.

When you cut off the L shaped connector cable from the power brick, you’ll have three stranded type wires. A black, white and a blue. Measure back from the L connector about two inches, then cut and strip 1/4" of insulation from the black and white wires. Leave the blue alone.

The Rambo has the female side connector to which you have red and black wires with red being positive (at least in my build). *If yours is wired differently then whatever wire that is positive goes to the WHITE wire from the power brick. Black goes to black.

Wirenut the blue wire and electrical tape it. The blue wire connects to nothing but you still need to prevent it from creating a short.

CHECK WITH A MULTIMETER FOR POLARITY

Once you are sure you have the positive and negative wires wired correctly then plug them into the Rambo board along with the jumper wires connector.

Power up, you’re now hardwired for power.

UltiMachine

Pluggable Terminal Block, 2 contacts 5.08mm (black)

That is how the instructions have it, you received a kit with some extra parts. Most seem to like not cutting the wires but a few of you prefer this way. For now I will continue to include the adapter for free and see how this plays out.

I was glad to have it. I preferred to hardwire it in because it kept disconnecting and shutting down my cuts in the middle of a job. It’s just one of them things that needed a change. Maybe mine had a defect. Crap happens.