Control Board off 3018

I’m going to do the lowrider 2 build. I have a 3018 cnc and want to know if the control board (GRBL) off that will work for the lowrider. Screenshot_20200921-212818_Amazon Shopping|243x500.

If not not this board the SKR PRO1.2, 6X 2209 DRIVERS, TFT35 E3 V3 is the only one available on this site, but is not selectable when u go into the lowrider2 add ons, but can be bought. Is it recommended to use it on the lowrider2?

That board will work as long as the drivers are a4498 or drv8825s. The mirrored motors need to be wired in series and you need to make sure you adjust the current.

The skr works with the LR. But we are still working through some of the config setting in the firmware.

1 Like

ok thanks any guide on how to check/change drivers and setup the motors to be mirrored. Also on the skr board thats for sale on here for low rider, once I buy the skr from here its all setup with firmware and everything, just have to plug it up. Thanks

Right. The skr should be ready to go. But if it still says “beta” on the shop, I would assume that is because it is new and still needs lots of hours before Ryan is confident it will work as well as the rambo.

There are no guides for that board. The docs do show how to wire two motors in serial. docs.v1engineering.com

1 Like