Corners

Hey guys, getting into my Low Rider now that the weather is getting nicer again. I am having an issue when cutting corners on engraving with a 90deg bit. Please see the pictures. Does anyone know what setting I can adjust to fix this??

Thanks in advance,

When I first started I was seeing carves that looked very much like your first two pictures. It turned out that my problem was with the bit itself. I thought it was a 90 degree bit, but it was in fact an 82 degree bit (meant for chamfering holes, not carving).

Thank you, I check that out!

Well the bit I have turns out to be 90deg

Are you using the Text Tool for EstlCAM or putting in letters and carving. I noted that the auto function for text for carving text I import as an SVG seems to give it some strange start and stop points, sometimes in the middle of letters. I haven’t done text for a while so I can’t quite remember how I worked this out.

Is it possible that you’re taking too deep a cut and there’s some deflection of the machine?

I had that exact thing happen when I was running to high 900mm/m with a 12mm 60 degree v bit in 1 cut it deflected a lot I’m using V-carve so I don’t remember how Estlcam works but dont remember if you can use shallower cuts and make it take more or… also real small lettering it’s a problem with flater angles