I’ve been troubleshooting this for days and I think I need to throw in the towel and ask for help!
I have just completed the build and I can’t get the controller to run very stable. It will periodically crash with a blank LCD screen and need rebooting. Sometimes it happens immediately or shortly after boot, sometimes it can take an hour, but it will crash, even if doing nothing.
I have the following specs:
- Archim 1 board (purchased via v1)
- LCD 12864 (Bought from Amazon as a kit because it was cheapest way to get next day delivery after realizing screen didn’t come with V1 kit)
- Dual end stop firmware downloaded from v1 github (latest)
- Power supply from V1 (I also tested with my bench power supply to rule it out)
I have tried and observed the following:
- Crashes even if stepper drivers are off and motors are unplugged
- I have tried swapping the LCD cables per someone else’s thread.
- I do not have an SD card inserted (all I’ve done so far is to test motion using Repetier and the LCD controller, and been getting dual end stops setup and working)
- I have tried to Initalize Eeeprom
- I have uploaded the firmware multiple times.
- Problem started immediately on first attempt, there was never a time when this was working OK.
- I tried using my bench top power supply rather than the provided supply to rule that out.
- The stepper motors make a high pitched sound that drives my wife nuts to the point of headache. Not sure if this is related. I measured the frequency with my phone to be about 14khz
- I have tried all sorts of combinations of plugging/unplugging in stepper motors and endstop switches including getting all dual end stops plugged in, configured, and functional in case the TRIGGERED state was causing the crash. No luck.
- If I have USB connected to my laptop and controller crashes, I can no longer connect to the board so I think the whole controller crashes not just the LCD. However I have not managed to witness the controller crash while Repetier is actively connected (not just USB plugged in, but connected in software). This could be a fluke though.
- It can go an hour without crashing and me just sitting here telling it to move around, then I’ll grab a tea and come back and it’s crashed. Other times I can reboot it and it will work for all of a minute and crash again.
- I believe first time I uploaded the firmware was directly off the Github.I then gradually modified configuration to make dual end stops work properly. The instability was there from the first upload.