Creating tool paths for moving objects

How do you create tool paths to machine something that won’t stop moving?

My cat was super insistent that he needed attention while I was working in fusion on the computer attached to my mpcnc. Lol.

1 Like

Looks like you need a MPCAT

2 Likes

I completely forgot about that project. I just don’t know if I will have space in my shop for another machine.

Don’t worry, if it’s like most cats, as soon as you turn on the evil machine from h*ll (the vacuum) it’ll be long gone… :wink:

Or, the more obvious solution - give that poor kitty some attention. (I find that makes them go away also)…

1 Like

He’s my brave one. He will actually hang out in the shop when I’m running most tools. His brother usually runs when things get loud but for him its usually just sudden drastic noises that he hasn’t heard before… or the thickness planer.

I find holding the workpiece is always the most annoying part of any job, especially if it needs to be square. Dial in the vise jaws with an indicator, blah blah, I don’t have patience for that! Hopefully your job doesn’t require squareness so you can just clamp the cat real tight in the vise. If you need some precision you could surface one side of the cat with a fly cutter and then flip him over so you have a nice reference surface against the table.

3 Likes

That cat is way too clean, time to get it dirty!

1 Like