Cribbage and learning curves!

My depth perception is a little off and laying out 360+ holes takes some time!
Oh and DONT MOVE THE ROUTER!!!

2 Likes

Lots of holes, perfect job for the CNC!!!

1 Like

Looks good!

I feel your pain but keep at it, the crib boards are a great learning piece I found as you need a few different cuts and tools to get it.

It looks like you made a very good start.

1 Like

Getting it dialed in. What a process! The scrap wood is expensive when you mess up.

2 Likes

It’s looking pretty good. It looks like some of the circles are offset different from each other. Did you start with the outer circle and just use offset paths to create all the other curves?

Thats where I tried a tool change and accidently moved the router and lost my home. I have corrected the problem (human Error)

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re using the mpcnc or the lr2 but in the end I found it easier on my lr2 to skip the tool changes and just break the cnc program into pieces. For the lr2 at least for instance I would engrave my lettering/linework etc on one program, then switch bits, go back to the origin manually for the x/y then manually adjust the z, and run the next program usually for the drill holes with a regular twist drill bit.

As I mentioned I found it a useful exercise just to try out as there are a lot of neat things within the project for drafting and cam sides of things.

4 Likes

So I ran in to the same issue with my cribbage boards.
I found what I prefer to do is with the bit used to do holes, I just do a small hole at 0 0 0 off project and use that as a ref. If I ever need it back, I can put that bit in, and drop it right in that hole.
im sure everyone has their own way, that is the best ive come up with so far.

1 Like