Crosshair laser mount for 52mm spindle

Posted in the FB group as well, so if you’ve read it there already, I apologize. Well, not really… Suck it up, snowflake! :slight_smile:

Made my first Thingiverse entry… A “cross-hair laser” mount for my 52mm spindle. Feedback appreciated, both on the design/device and my Thingiverse entry.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4652837

Haven’t used it in anger yet, as I need to do some re-wiring so I don’t have the battery pack strapped to the spindle. But it seems to work pretty well.

Was considering putting on a NeoPixel 16 LED ring on there as well, but… Not really sure I need the light right now. Would be easy enough to snap-fit it into there, I think. Also not sure if my GRBL configuration can drive the NeoPixel ring.

Clint

2 Likes

Clint,

That is too Kool!! Does it stay centered even when the Z goes up and down?

I will look at you part and try to make something similar for my Primo, when I get it started.

MB

Once it’s lined up (you have to twist the lasers in their mounts to get them to meet at the appropriate point), the location stays stationary as the spindle moves up and down. At least, in my quick and dirty tests I did tonight! :slight_smile:

If you’ve got a 52mm spindle, this should work fine on the Primo or Burly mounts.

Good luck!

Clint