Cuts askew

I made sure that all my axis were square before starting, but I am some how coming out with a part that is slightly askew.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

My guess is that the wheels aren’t tracking straight. I installed some 3/4"x3/4" tracks inside the wheels to keep them straight. My new table has some aluminum angle doing the same job. Others have used a router to route a channel in the top surface. Some people don’t have the problem at all.

Thanks , I’ll have to try that! May not be till the weekend, but I’ll report back.

Could belt tension be an issue?

Maybe. It is hard to guess. It would have to be very slack to be the issue.

Oh okay , not the case then they are pretty taught

I’m a bit hesitant to comment having not even installed the belts on my machine yet, but here goes:

@jeffeb3 is it possible that if the belts are over tight, one could be a few mm longer than the other over the length of the table? If so, the teeth would be at slightly different spacings on each side. I’m just curious.

If indeed that is the case, I wonder if a tension indicator, something like this one, would be of assistance/: PrusaPrinters

1 Like

The belts I’ve had cannot stretch that far in such a small distance. The belts are pretty darn tough to stretch.

2 Likes

Could you link me to what you are using for wheel tracking ? Or could you send me a picture ?

Thanks for that , what kind of wiring did you use that is coming out of the y rails

If your machine is true it’s probably your table. Run a straight edge across it the whole way down and make sure there is no wobble. Fill in the screw holes along the machine path too. A solid, flat table is just as important as the machine itself.

I will try this, I ended up tearing down my whole machine and reprinted some parts that were warped ( from the initial print) , as well as got a friend to cut me some better y plates. Going to reassemble this weekend, but in the mean time going to re-work the table some.

For sure. Give it a shot.

I was browsing the My Builds section and saw your’s on there. I did notice you had connected a tall frame to your Y plates to hold your vacuum hose. When you put your build back together, don’t attach that frame. In fact, don’t attach a hose at all. That will eliminate an extra variable when you’re trouble shooting any issues.

Gotcha, I thought may be causing issues as well, ive been trying to figure out the beset way to do dust collection.