Cuts getting of course

Update your estlcam.

Update your estlcam.

I have updated to 9.018. I will let you know what happens in a couple days when I have a chance to do some more cutting.

https://www.v1engineering.com/software-updates/

.37 or newer

I am not using your RAMPS system, does the custom version improve things for other controllers? I just got the newest one on the Estlcam website.

Oh, Not sure how I can help then. I have only used a grbl board for about 5 minutes.

Would you recommend I use RAMPS instead? What would recommend I do about the tube looseness at the middle assembly? I am still guessing my problem is still more mechanically than electronics.

I would say rebuild it and make sure you follow the steps in the assembly. Get the tensions just tight enough not to be loose and make sure that it is square.

Ok, I think I have finally resolved all of my problems. In case its useful to others I’ll share what I did to fix my problem.

1. Properly mount the frame to a table. When the machine loosely was attached to the table, cuts that applied a lot of force to the router would move the feet even if it was hard to tell it was happening.

2. Re-square the machine. The machine should be pretty square already because of how it is built but there can still be error in the corner diagonals.

3. Make sure the wires are properly connected. While working on fixing these problems, sometimes the wires connected in the tubing got loose. The machine would still appear to work but would mess up quickly. If any of the F rollers wiggle when lightly pressed while the steppers are on a wire might be loose. This is also apparent when the machine moves in one direction and the tube shifts because one side is not engaging.

4. The most perplexing, and the final issue, was the slight rotation on the x or y axis from the middle assembly. The assembly printed well and was firmly attached but there was a slight (a degree or two?) wobble when manually manipulating the assembly. It was apparent that only 5 of the 6 bearing in each axis was actually touching the tube in spite the fact everything was tight.

After taking the assembly completely apart and inspecting it closely, I remembered that I had an issue when putting it together originally. I am attaching a picture for reference. The number 1 bearing is sandwiched between the plastic and sits between two quasi-washer features to keep the bearing from touching the main assembly. When I put the machine together the first time, I could not get the bearing in the slot to save my life. What I end up doing was to shave the plastic offsets with a knife until the bearing would pop in. I am assuming this difficulty was because of how my printer, or the filament, actually produced that feature. All I took off was probably about 0.5mm on each side to get it to fit.

When I remembered this, I checked how the 2 and 3 bearing were joining with the tube and realized if I shaved the offsets the bearing would be a little closer to the middle of the tube and should reduce the distance. Sure enough, when I shaved those featured down a little bit the bearing would all touch when very snugly tightened but would still move freely. Once it was put back together again there was practically no rotational shift to the middle assembly and everything felt much more rigid.

I was able to make this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3829 and it came out great. It looks like its all solved, thanks for the help!

I miss seeing moose in my yard. Maybe I’ll cut one of those, except full sized! 50" rack is minimum size for moose harvest in AK.