DC Comics Mayan Calendar with new laser

It took less than an hour to fashion a mount with extra parts and wire up a new laser I got for Christmas to my Lowrider2 run with an SKR Pro board. The laser is of the three-wire (12+ / 12- / 5v signal) variety. I was going to try to CNC this project, but decided to use the laser instead. I was not disappointed, and neither were my nephews. Lightburn was surprisingly easy to figure out right out of the box.

15 Likes

That came out great.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan. I expected a lot more head scratching when getting the laser to work, but it ended up being super easy. The forums helped a lot.

One day the instructions should work :laughing:

The lasers just move so fast it is hard to keep up, when I finally did a full laser workup marlin firmware revamped the whole laser codebase, within a month so now I have to do it all again.

3 Likes

then you have the variety of all the boards that throw a wrench into things… That’s going to be quite a writeup.

1 Like

I love the “Made by Uncle Corey With Lasers and FIRE!” Nice touch!

:grinning:

5 Likes

Just one misstake… you are suposed to use a banana for scale! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks more like a Marvel Comics calendar to me. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

That may be correct, I honestly have no idea.

In the middle, that’s Iron Man, on top Captain America, to his left that’s Cyclops from the X-men and Daredevil, than there’s Spiderman, Thor’s hammer Mjölnir, the Avengers logo… everything from the Marvel universe. :wink:

DC Comics characters are Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc.

Anyway, turned out great!

1 Like

I really like the way this piece turned out. I am sure your nephews love it. First of all, they have a “one of a kind piece”, unless of course someone else in their circle of friends has a laser cutter and this pattern and painted the same color background. Likely? No. This makes me want to add a laser to my MPCNC. I fear it is just jealousy on my part.

1 Like