Design advice

Just cut/print out a clip-on faceplate with a logo or design on it for aesthetics.

1 Like

Yeah, that is what I landed on. I am having a hard time getting the time to finish it so I let the screws go for now. You all have given me lots of options, or if you make one will know what to do if they bug you.

When do we get to see this machine? :slight_smile:

Ha, I am actually wiring it up right now. One of the last pieces just came off of the printer after a few revisions. Fingers crossed.

It isn’t much different from the MP3DP just updated a few thing (well every single piece) but nothing major.

Harley-Davidson dealer has chromed bolts. I’ve used those in the past for projects that needed to look spiffy.

Unfortunately you have to find a dealer with a parts guy that knows how to find things by size and not part number.

Flat head screws are the devil. They should be outlawed, and deleted from human consciousness.

Also, whoever designed the 5 sided hex screw needs kicked in the throat. I know they’re a security screw, but no one carrys the bits.

Flat head, as in the head is flat. Not a slot drive screw. Flathead screwdrivers should be outlawed. Flat head screws, with Phillips or Robertson drive are great.

Ahh! Counter sink screws. Gotcha!

{Shudder} Phillips screws are so 1950, if you want to use a cross point JIS is a must. No more cam out while stripping the screw head…