Does this mean I have an issue with my gcode?

How many passes it makes is dependent on how deep you told it to cut per pass and the total depth you specified.

Your previous screen shot says you have it at 1mm/pass but I don;t know how deep you told it to go in total.

Your gcode looks identical to last time. Feed unit.

Okay I understand. You’re right it went back to default again! I’m 100% sure I changed it. If it does it again I’m going to do a fresh install.

I would.

So I finally made my first good cut! Thanks so much for the help guys. Turns out it was a combination of my settings and one of the sprocket things on one NEMA motors not being tight. Now it looks like it isn’t cutting the depth evenly. I guess I need to check the z height of the rails again. EDIT: actually after making a second test cut I noticed the MDF has bowed since I started with it so I’m guessing that’s the issue.

Nice, so close now!

1 Like

I really appreciate your patience, help, and this awesome design! I think the depth issue was caused by the MDF being bowed. It wasn’t like that to begin with, but at least now it’s looking good. Now to learn the more difficult stuff.