Dog Haus

We got a dog so I could build more things with the Lowrider.

Waiting for the next spell of warm weather to seal this in West System 207 and spar varnish…it won’t go in direct sunlight but I expect it to take a beating.

Plywood is marine fir which was brutal on the router. The redwood is from a dismantled NYC water tower, some lengths are kind of scrappy so the resin should hold it together and seal it nicely.

Dog has requested an above ground pool next. Must be living the suburban dream.

25 Likes

:partying_face:

That is one heck of a bungalow for the pooch!

4 Likes

It’s been a hit.

24 Likes

Looks super classy with the finish on it.

that looks awesome. we are in the middle of a backyard reno, and have been looking for shaded area for the dog. any chance you’d be willing to share the design? this looks perfect.

Thanks!

2 Likes

of course, i used fusion 360. can share that or if you get the exact dems of the plywood i can send you the dxf files.

my email is: jamesaluredpowers@gmail.com

I used scrap redwood for the outer most shell that someone gave me…but you could probably use one sheet of thin marine ply.

I recommend using West System or other epoxy system to stand up to the elements. epifanes or something high end to prevent UV degradation on top of that. nothing from the local hardware store.

our dog loves it. it’s important that it is placed in an are where the dog gets a full view of the action.

4 Likes

Is it OK for me to send an email to you for the dxf files? Thank you in advance!!!

1 Like

Hey, did you email me? Sorry, been slammed with work. If not, email me with your plywood thickness.

1 Like

Did I email you?? No, TBH, I actually forgot about this and stumbled across it looking for something else. My email is ------------------- Thanks in advance!!!

RYAN’s EDIT - Removed email

1 Like

You might want to remove your email from this thread and PM it to James. Having your email address in a public space usually leads to more spam and breach attempts.

@japowers heh, you too James! Of course, it might be too late for you to remove it. Maybe Ryan could do it if you asked nicely :grin:

2 Likes

Nice!!

I couldn’t imagine life without the enterprising spam or breach attempt. Those are the things that make me get out of bed.

West System published the project in their magazine, ‘Epoxyworks’. I went overboard in the narrative sort of expecting that they would curtail my prose…

Anyway, I love this little publication. It has some great projects and is a good resource.

10 Likes

Congratulations, that is pretty cool! The writing is excellent.

3 Likes

…Sanded and applied several coats of spar varnish before the winter hit. Hopefully good for another 1-2 years. The marine fir plywood was getting a little yellow so I decided to paint it with Epifanes yacht enamel.

The photoshoot was an extravagant affair with multiple personnel and a buffet of treats.

15 Likes

Updated your gallery picture!

3 Likes