Doing a Marlin build--just want to check some facts

I’m upcycling an SKR v1.4 turbo board and the plan is to have dual endstops on Y and Z. I’m using TMC2209 drivers on Nema 17 motors.

ok so I have checked the github and grabbed V1CNC_Skr1p3_Dual_2209-2.0.9.2.zip. I understand I have to change the motherboard setting, but are their other settings in this zip that need changing for what I’m after? (maybe configuration_adv.h?)

Is this the right base file to start from? what is the difference between the zip above and this one: V1CNC_Skr1p3_DualLR_2209-2.0.9.2.zip ?

Thanks!

The “LR” indicates it is meant for the LowRider

1 Like

Jeff (@jeffeb3) is very active on the forum. He is keeper of all things firmware for the V1, and he will be by to give you the best advice on how to move forward. As kcny says, LR in the title means LowRider. You’ve posted your question in the LowRider area of the forum, so I assuming you are building a LowRider and want an LR version.

It appears that V1 has a version for your machine configuration as part of their daily builds, so you may be able to use it, or you may be able to borrow the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files from that daily build to replace the ones on the files you’ve downloaded. It is my understanding that daily builds are created from the latest version of Marlin, which may or may not be stable. The versions of firmware at the main release point are created from a stable version of Marlin and have some testing on popular boards (not all boards).

1 Like

Ok–so that should be my base to work off of I think. I updated the motherboard to mine and tried to compile. I got this error:

Marlin\src\module\endstops.cpp:932:60: error: ‘Z2_MAX’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘Z_MAX’?

Any marlin experts out there?

No expert but the lowrider has 2 z motors vs one for the mpcnc thus the error.

The turbo is a bit tricky, because of the funky endstops. But we have some builds. We started with a drv8825 version, but the 2209s are not trivial to configure, so someone also added a 2209 version. It is being built every night against bugfix.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was using the wrong build I see -I needed the turbo version and then changed the drivers to TMC2209 and it compiled–will start testing tomorrow. Now for a better screen…

3 Likes