Draftsite help

Hello,
I’m using the trial version of draftsite 2020.mand am wondering if any of n.v you are having difficulties saving work to a sd card tumblr drive. I have created a host of parts 2d that I’m looking to profile cut through Estelle cam. But, when I save the work to the thumbdrive and try to open in estel cam nothing is there. Also draft site gives way to many saving options as far as file type. Which type of file should it be saved as? Hopefully I dont need to purchase the year subscription in order to use draftsite… anyhelp would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
I use dxf - for 2d, 2.5d programming and I use .stl for 3d.

Thank you.

I have used Draftsight for quite a few years & have created dxf files for estlcam. The important thing is to use an ASCII dxf format & not the binary DXF format. I use R2007-2009 ASCII Drawing (*.dxf) file type for Estlcam. I have never seen binary DXF format until using Draftsight.

Thank you for your recommendation. Funny thing is I’ve got it to take the design by using one of the ASCII DXF options but I don’t believe it was the years you specified. I believe it was the 2018 era option. I will definitely try the 2007-2009 you recommend because it’s carving my designs upside down. I noticed this with text one one of my test designs.
Any idea if estelcam inverts designs for those upside down 3d printers? I was thinking/hoping there was a selection i may choose to correct this issue.
Thanks again for all the help I greatly appreciate it as a Noob.

The year usually does not make a difference if the software you are importing to uses the current DXF spec. I have just found some software likes older versions of DXF files. If the software does not complain on import, you are good.

As far as the upside down goes, are your motors on the CNC going the correct direction? Early on with my MPCNC, I had them backwards & the text carved backwards. If the dxf file shows correctly in estlcam, the software should be handling it correctly.

I’m gonna pull the x plug on the minirambo and spin it around and see what happens. Good thinking.