Dual end stop, ramps, Ryans firmware, what extra to configure?

Hallo Ryan,
I installed all dual-endstop-hardware and have to flash now my RAMPS-board.
What additional configuration options in your dual-endstop-firmware I have to set?

I searched for “MPCNC” comments (as in the usual version) and did not found anything.

BUT I mentioned that there are some options for e.g. the DRV8825 (which I use) which can be set.

Any hint?

I have a rambo 1.4, but I’ve found everything to be ready to go as is. Do you have something in particular to look for that you want to change? Or just making sure?

May be there is something to optimize, cf. the options for SM-drivers (as my DRV8825)

If I recall, I think the default firmware configured by Ryan assumes DVR8825 stepper drivers. If you’re using different drivers, you may need to change the steps/mm for each axis.

The only other somewhat major thing I can think of is to define the build area in firmware to match your real build area. If your real build area is larger than the defined build area in the firmware, and you use the home axis command when that axis has to travel further to home than the build area is defined in the firmware, it could generate an error and you have to reset the machine. I hope that was clear.

1 Like