Dual Endstop homing issue

So I am using the SKR Pro board on my MPCNC. I am experiencing an issue where when I send a home command on my x or y axis, only one side x0/y0 will start heading to home while x1/y1 remains stationary, causing it to twist aggressively. I am using the Dual firmware and it will home on that one side correctly. Has anyone else experienced this issue/ know of a fix?

Do both steppers move when doing manual moves in X and Y?

1 Like

If you are sure you are running the right firmware, and if your machine moves manually as asked by Alex, then the next step is to check the status of your endstop switches. Send a M119, and look at the result. None of the switches should read triggered. Since the switches expect a normally closed connection, it is pretty common for a stepper to not move due to an endstop wiring issue.

Yes, both steppers move correctly and in the right direction during a manual move. After sending an M119, my X2 min is actually triggered so I do need to figure that part out. However, my Y2 is reading appropriately.

Okay, got them to all read open appropriately, and Triggered appropriately now. Hmmmmm, it does seem to be working now too. Maybe I just had a wire that was a bit loose.

4 Likes

The endstops are set to normally closed. So when they trigger, they open the circuit. If the wires are not connected correctly, they read as triggered

If it were the other way, you wouldn’t know if they were in a failed state until you crash while homing.

1 Like