Dual endstop in config.adv.h SKR1.4

If you look closely, they have little letters on the side. One is ‘C’ and the middle is ‘NC’ and the other is ‘NO’. You need to connect to ‘C’ and ‘NC’.

Those are the ones I’m connected to.

Ok. When you press an end stop switch for one axis and hold it, then run M119, what do you get? I wonder if your endstops are flipped in your firmware.

Tried that already. No change. Tried flipping the connection on the board too. I will have to check my firmware

Can you put up some photos of the switch wiring and the board wiring. It sounds like they aren’t connected.

I have the 1.3 board, but to get my endstops working I had to bend a pin on the 2209s. It was explained that they were either endstops or sensorless. The attached picture was from the company I bought my bo.ard.

I haven’t bent any pins. Maybe thats it? If I have to bend pins I may just skip the endstops.

The boards may be different enough that your issue is different. Only my X &Y min endstops were not working as well. I just wanted to throw it out there in case it was the same issue.

Well I tried bending one pin and it changed from triggered to open.

And when you use an endstop switch and press and hold it while entering M119, does it show triggered while the button is pressed?

1 Like

When i manually push the endstp nothing changes. Ive gone through and checked all the connections and they are all connected. I have the endstop settings in my firmware.

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces//===========================================================================

//============================== Endstop Settings ===========================
//===========================================================================

// @section homing

// Specify here all the endstop connectors that are connected to any endstop or probe.
// Almost all printers will be using one per axis. Probes will use one or more of the
// extra connectors. Leave undefined any used for non-endstop and non-probe purposes.
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// Enable pullup for all endstops to prevent a floating state
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// Disable ENDSTOPPULLUPS to set pullups individually
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Enable pulldown for all endstops to prevent a floating state
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWNS
#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLDOWNS)
// Disable ENDSTOPPULLDOWNS to set pulldowns individually
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses “false” here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

Not sure if this helps but maybe?

I think the endstop inverting should be false for the x and y endstops. But that should still change when you hold them. It isn’t magic, there must be something simple going on. Can you post some pictures of the endstops and the controller?

They are all connected to the ground and signal pins and soldered to the endstops. (No making fun of my soldering)
They are only disconnected now to show connections

I recently was watching a youtube of a guy who was setting up a SKR 1.4 with TMC 2209 drivers. He had to snip the pin (the same one that Darian has bent) in order to disable sensorless homing.

Thanks for sharing this firmware! Are you actively using this / have you tested and it is working? My Rambo got damaged and I’m thinking about replacing it with this exact setup (SKR 1.4 and 2209s).

actively using

Depends on… Yesterday I made a test cut after 2 weeks and it worked as ecpected. What you have to do is definatly to adapt the nema17 motor ratings in the config.

@Darianivan my endstops are connected to NC and COM. On the board its signal pin and +5V

thats not needed

1 Like

Spinne,

That’s a great find! Has that change made it into your github repo?

Thanks,
Tim.

Have you/can you check just the switch and connected cable with a meter or test light? I always like to have high confidence in the physical pieces before I start messing with the firmware configuration.

I tried hooking them up according to spinnes suggestion and they are open when not touched and triggered when pushed.

1 Like