Dual Endstops Firmware and Z-Probe

Just wanted to make sure I understand correctly. To use a touch plate for zeroing the z height, I would connect the endmill to the Z limit switch, and the touch plate to the S pin on the Z limit switch. Is that correct?

Is that supported already by the dual endstops firmware, or do I need to recompile?

You connect the bit to the ground on the zmin and the plate to the s on the zmin.

The firmwares support this already, but on the DualLR for low rider, you use G38.2 Z0 instead of G28.

Check first that it works with M119

Copy that, thanks so much.

So my touch plate works (works as an end stop) but how do i input the touch plate height? Im using the lowrider dual endstop firmware 510dl, so i used ā€œZmin probeā€ on LCD in V1 custom menu.

It isnā€™t automatic. You can write a little script that you can run to probe, or put it in your gcode file.

G28 Z ; this homes Z
G92 Z0.5 ; this tells Marlin you are actually at Z=0.5

Please correct me if im wrong
so i would Zmin probe and then reset all coordinates, both on lcd. Also after saving gcode in repeater host i would edit it in notepad and change G92 to Z19 since touch plate is 19mm thick. The code should look like that?

G90
G92 X0 Y0 Z19
G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.0000 F2100
G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z5.0000 F500

;No. 1: Engraving 6
G00 X75.2682 Y15.5365 Z5.0000 F2100

Assuming that 5mm is your clearance height and that the last line is a rapid move above the stock, this code should work. There are a couple of things to watch out for.

G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.0000 F2100

This is very fast for a downward moveā€¦fast enough that you likely will lose steps. You may be limiting Z feedrate in firmware to overcome this problem. What post processor are you using to generate this code? In addition, there is a bit of risk that you can score your stock with this move.

I just copied gcode for the crown test on v1ā€¦ not sure why so fast movements, maybe because its ment to do with a pen. But anyway i have estlcam set up to put out slower speed so that will not be a problem :grin:
If i am thinking right i can delete the first G00 right? No need to go down and then 5mm up

Yes, I would delete the first G00, though I Iā€™m puzzled by why the post processor put it in there in the first place.

1 Like