Dual Endstops on Lowrider 2 with SKR Pro 1.2

Starting to wire end stops up on my LR2. should they be NC or NO? maybe there is another forum with more info on this?

NC. This is so that in case there is a cable break, your axes won’t plow past the endstops.

2 Likes

thanks. I’m sure I will have more questions soon

ok I have my end stops all wired up and mounted. I’m going to begin updating the firmware on my board. Its a SKR Pro 1.2 with 2209 drivers and tft35. I believe this is the file I need:
V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209-2.0.7.2-src
is it just a matter of loading the firmware.bin file to the sd card or are there some steps that need to be done before so?

1 Like

Nope. That is it. The microsd on the skr, not the screen.

The screen has its own firmware. It flashes on the sd card in the screen.

Then check with M119. You can use the terminal on the screen to check. That will let you confirm triggered vs. open and check that every switch is in the right spot.

Make sure you are travelling the right direction on each axis and 10mm is 10mm. Then you can try home G28 Z to home Z up. G38.2 Z0 to probe down to the zmin.

1 Like

So im following this guide .https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/
i copied the firmware.bin file to the micro sd. pulled the tft off the skr and plugged in the sd and booted but i didnt see any lights or way of telling the board was updating.

Finally got it updated. Used another microsd card.

1 Like

Great to see that 510DL on there. Glad you got it working.

1 Like

next issue I’m having is no printer attached on the touch screen side I don’t get a response back on the m119 command. --Solved baud rate reset after I updated the tft

What switches did you end up using? This is in my near future also

So my X and Y axis seem to be homing ok. but when I home the Z the they both go up the left side stops but the right side keeps boucing when it hits the limit switch.

heres a video of what it is doing.

Does anyone have the proper Pin out for the end stops for this file?
V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209-2.0.7.2-src
i feel like i dont have my end stops setup right.

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/dual-lr/

1 Like

Hey Jeff. Thanks, that’s the file I am working with. Using the picture below as reference.

I assume your z2 max is actually connected to your Xmax? Is that the side that is bouncing?

1 Like

correct

Are you sure the firmware is looking for the Xmax trigger when it’s travelling the z motor?

I should add, I’m just working on compiling all the data for my swap I have not started it yet

1 Like

so i just flipped my E0 and E1 and now it all homes properly. does that mean i have something wrong in the firmware?

1 Like